Becoming a tutor
Why should I become a tutor with the Intercultural Tutor Team?
With us you have the opportunity to support students and help them get started in Darmstadt. We offer you opportunities to help, shape and realize your own ideas for events. In doing so, you will gain experience that can help you in a variety of situations in your studies or professional life. By working with German-speaking students, you will also have plenty of opportunities to improve your German. Of course, fun should not be neglected either!
What can you expect as a tutor?
The tutors of the Intercultural Tutor Team are contact persons for students in Darmstadt. They supervise events, inform new students at the beginning of the semester and support international students in formal matters. You can help shape the program of the Intercultural Tutor Team, realize your own event ideas and gain new experiences as a tutor and through the events. By working in a colorful student team you will get to know people from all over the world. And all this with a flexible work schedule. In addition to a certificate for your work as a tutor, you will also receive compensation for your volunteer work.
What should you bring with you:
- The desire and time to accompany events
- You are enrolled as a student at the Hochschule Darmstadt or the Darmstadt University of Technology
- You are still in Darmstadt for at least two semesters
- You are open and like to communicate with other people
- You know your way around Darmstadt a little bit
- You can communicate well in German and English
- You like to support other students
Are you interested?
Then send an email to our team firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you would like to become a tutor.