Funding for Cultural Projects
You'd like to organize an event? Exhibit your art? You're a student who wants to host a celebration for other students?
You're a group of students, and besides from your studies you'd also like to kickstart cultural activities with others?
The Studierendenwerk Darmstadt supports you, for example with partial funding.
How does it work?
In order to apply successfully, you should first read our guidelines. You will find important information about requirements as well as the funding process and forms of funding.
What do I have to hand in?
Please use the application form for your application and complete it. In addition, we need the following information: Certification of enrollment or letter of approval from one of the AStAs (TU Darmstadt or h_da), description of the project or event (one A4 page) and a financial plan.
The project/event description
A meaningful description of your project is important for the success of your application.
You should therefore answer the following questions:
- Who are the organisers?
- What are the objectives of the project/event?
- How should this be achieved?
- Which target group is addressed?
- How is the project promoted?
- Why should the project be supported?
It gives a detailed breakdown of the planned income and expenditure for the project/event. Your application has a better chance of being approved if it is economical and economical and the budget is balanced (the total expenditure is covered by the total income + application amount for cultural funding).
Here you will find the template for the financing plan.
The expenses include, for example:
- Earmarked consumables
- Expense allowances/fees
- Transportation/ travel expensesAccommodation/board costs
- Room rental Rental costs for material/technology
- Insurance/ levies
- Costs for public relations / printing costs
Income includes, for example:
- Revenues from sales
- Entrance fees (student prices / normal prices)
- Other revenue
- Requested sponsorship (please list sponsors individually with application amount)
- Proposed cultural sponsorship of the Studierendenwerk Darmstadt
Apply for cultural funding
- Complete and sign the application form
- Write a description of the project
- Establish a financial plan
- If you have any advertising material (current or last year's), please enclose
- Send all of the above to:
Or hand it over personally in our office (Alexanderstr. 4, room 109 and 111 – above the Bistro Stadtmitte/ bistro in the Mensa Stadtmitte/ city center canteen).
Previous sponsored events
- Film Music Concert: Charly Chaplin "The Kid" - 20. and 21.01., Audimax TU Darmstadt, town hall Groß-Umstadt. Chamber orchestra and Student Film Circle of the TU Darmstadt.
- Ball of mathematics - on 20.05. in the Orangerie. FS Mathematik TU Da e.V.
- Trailer Release Party Darune Man - 29.4., Nordbahnhof 8. Students of h_da
- Happy Holi Festival - 9.4., Grillplatz Oberförsterwiese. Darmstadt Indian Association (DIA) e.V.
- Ball of mathematics - on 26.05. in the Otto-Berndt-Halle. FS Mathematik TU Da e.V.
- Diwali - on 17.11. at the Pädagog, Darmstadt Indian Association (DIA) e.V.
- Winter Ball of the ETV - on 18.1. in the Otto-Berndt-Halle. Electrotechnical Association at the TU Darmstadt (ETV) e.V.
- Ball of mathematics - on 08.05. in the Otto-Berndt-Halle. FS Mathematik TU Da e.V.
- Filmkreis Open Air - 19-21.07. at the Archway. Filmkreis.
- Ball of mathematics - on 30.06. in the Otto-Berndt-Halle. FS Mathematik TU Da e.V.
- Diwali - on 17.11. at the Darmstadt State Archives. Darmstadt Indian Association (DIA) e.V.
- Chinese Spring Festival - on 28.01. in the Darmstadtium. Chinese Association of Scientists and Students in Darmstadt.
- Colors of India - Cultural Evening - 20.05.at the Darmstadt State Archives. Darmstadt Indian Association (DIA) e.V.
- Indian Classical Music Concert - on 26.06.2016 at the Darmstadt State Archives. Darmstadt Indian Association (DIA) e.V.
- Diwali "Festival of Light" - on 11.11.2017 at the Bessunger Knabenschule. Darmstadt Indian Association (DIA) e.V.
- ETV Winterball - on 13.1.2018 in the Otto-Berndt-Halle. Electrotechnical Association at the TU Darmstadt (ETV) e.V.